Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Battle of the Cheap Kabuki Brushes!

Photobucket

Pictured from Left to Right: Coastal Scents Pink Kabuki Brush, Vic's Secret Black Kabuki Brush, Coastal Scents Ultimate Italian Badger Kabuki Brush ( I just washed them, that's why their odd looking ).

Best- Coastal Scents Pink Kabuki, by far. I've used this brush everyday for the past 8 months or so and it's held up quite nicely. It's been throw many washing and has not shed or bled at all ( to my knowledge ). I will be purchasing another one soon as a back up. For $5.00, the cheapest well made kabuki brush out there on the Market!


Eh ( Alright )- Coastal Scents Ultimate Italian Badger Kabuki is eh, alright. It's slightly larger and more dense then the pink kabuki brush. In terms of use, it works really in blending make up, sort of as a finishing touch. It did bled a little bit when I first washed it and it may have only shed a little bit as well. It's major down fall is the price. A whooping $8.99. With that money I could almost buy two pink kabukis. For that reason, it's in the eh catergory.


Worst- Vic's Secret kabuki brush is literally the brush from hell. I bought it to use with my Smashbox Halo compact, but I don't think that's going to work out because when I washed it last night, it bled and shed like crazy. Black dye and hair was all over my sink and hands. Other then that " wonderful " experience, I noticed that the brush is incrediably soft. However, if I can't use it, what's the point?! It's such a waste of $5.00. I should have just bought my pink kabuki brush. Also I think Vic's got more then one secret hidden and it's not his horrible brushes. ;]

No comments:

Post a Comment